Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cake Class 101

Remember when I said I was taking a cake decorating class? You better believe I spent the better part of my evening last night (more like the whole evening since I go to bed at the same time as my grandma) in a class room learning the ins and outs of icing a cake. The class is comprised of what appears to be an Amish boy who has decided to make cakes for his 4-H project, Amish boy's Mom, a few grandmothers, and some other people who appear to be much more artistic than I am. Little do they know, I watch a lot of television shows about cakes so I am basically an expert already.

I am all to familiar with what can happen when one is left alone in the Hobby Lobby cake decorating isle with a 40% coupon and an ADHD sweet tooth. Looks like I'll be eating raman noodles for the rest of the week to make up for the shiny new cake pans and eight shades of gel food dyes I left the store with.

Next time we are supposed to bring a cake with us to class- already made and frosted. Apparently by taking "class 1" they are assuming you aren't retarded with your oven and a knife. Crap.

Remind me again why I decided to take this on? Oh yeah, to keep myself busy so I won't foster any weenie dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment