Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cable Cord Show-Down

The cable cords in my office are a hot mess and this morning, before the caffeine from my coffee had kicked in, we had a show-down. There are so many cords coming out of the wall and plugged in to various surge protectors that I wouldn't even know where to start if I wanted to take the time to organize them. So I've just left them until today when they decided they would try to break my leg/neck/nose. I took a nice big fall, landing in a contorted mess next to my airport hand-me-down office chairs.

The non-profit I work for is getting accredited in a few weeks. I guess I have a few weeks to figure out how to make the space behind my desk less of a safety hazard. The surge protector certainly cannot be moved below my desk because that is where I keep my two boxes of Special K cereal and a pair of slippers that I wore all winter when the building was really cold.

I wish I knew how to be one of those really organized people who keeps their cords wrangled together with velcro and color coded with labels!

No comments:

Post a Comment