Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Maybe if I had a dog I'd be less awkward

As if any proof was needed that I am awkward, the story I am about to tell you will most likely seal the deal of my awkwardness.

While running errands yesterday I walked past a pet store and was lured inside by the possibility of puppies. I made a bee-line to the baby daschunds and began telling the store clerk all about my dog. She didn't provoke me in any way or ask me if I had a dog or even make eye contact with me. I just began offering up information about my dog to this poor woman. What's wrong with this, you may be thinking? I don't have a dog.

Perhaps if I did have a dog I would be less awkward. At the very least, I would avoid having to make up stories about his presence.

***


Last night was the season finale of The Bachelor and I am so upset by the outcome that I think I am going to stop watching future seasons of the Bachelor all together. This morning I heard on the radio that Vienna's mother sells boiled peanuts on the side of the road in Florida. If you ask me, that sounds like a reality show waiting to happen. Who knew there was such a market for boiled peanuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment