Friday, March 12, 2010

I don't want to do someone else's job

I may be the only person in the world who feels this way but I think self-checkouts at supermarkets suck. Why would I want to do someone else's job after I just spent much too long picking out all of my food? Plus, I like to use the time I'm being checked out (by people who are paid to do it!) to scan People and US Weekly. And, when I absolutely must use the self-checkouts, they never work properly. The disembodied voice never believes I am putting what I say I am on the conveyer belt! Then I am not saving any time because I must wait for someone to come over and enter a 12 digit code that proves I am not stealing anything.

I would never have the guts to actually steal anything but I did make it home from Dillards last week with something I didn't pay for. I went in to buy stuff I don't need from the Clinque counter so I could get a "free gift" and saw the shoe department had all of their winter boots on clearance. I found a beautiful pair of camel colored high-heeled boots and excitedly purchased them for $29.99! I wore them out that night and much later when I came home and tried to return them to their box they wouldn't fit. Upon investigation I realized that there was a THIRD boot in the box! Some how I made it home with two left boots and one right boot. Someone at Dillards is getting fired, I'm quite certain.

I'm not completely sure what to do with the extra boot. It isn't doing me much good laying on my bedroom floor and I'm pretty sure its pair is still laying in the pile of sale boxes on the floor of Dillards. Unfortunately, since I am a self-proclaimed pack rat I am going to have this darn third boot for the next few decades.



Something else that bugs me: there are not enough Samoas in a box to satisfy me. The only thing I can think of to have the Girls Scouts make this up to me would be to add a little alcohol to the cookies- like rum cake.

And- I also hate it when they give out trophies for everyone even when they didn't win. So there. Happy Friday- hope you are enjoy my list of things that just don't do it for me!

1 comment: