Monday, March 15, 2010

Do YOU have what it takes to be a child star?

Like all child stars, I have issues. Namely- I pop Tums like candy.

Ok fine. I'm not "technically" a child star but I certainly thought I was and I think that should count for something. And I was a part of a very dramatic family which I am quite certain has a lot to do with my current need for attention!

One of our girls at work asked me to help her research becoming a Hollywood actress. I wasn't really sure what you google to find a website that gives tips to children with behavioral problems who live in residential treatment centers who want to become stars. So I typed "becoming a child star" into my search bar and hoped for the best. What I got was so much better than the best: a quiz to find out if you have what it takes to become a child star.

Here's a little appetizer: Choose (a) or (b) for each of these personality traits or reactions to help you ascertain your child’s ability to cope with the life of a child actor.


1. a) Extroverted     b) Introverted

2. a) Focused and attentive     b) Distracted

3. a) When asked a question s/he doesn’t know s/he tries to answer
    b) Shrugs or blushes when he or she doesn’t know the answer

4. a) Loves to sing and dance      b) Thinks singing and dancing is lame or has to be coaxed into it

5. a) Does impressions and improvisation without coaxing      b) Will try impressions and improv only with encouragement and coaching from you

If you answered mostly A’s, you probably have a child who wants to act and who might even be quite talented in several areas. You might have a real performer on your hands!
If you’ve answered mostly B’s, maybe it’s time to sit down and have a talk with your child to give them a chance to tell you how they really feel about acting.

(information from BecomeAChildActor.com)

The girl in my office had what it takes so I think I might offer to be her agent. When the state decides to let her out of its custody, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment