Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Cleaning and Nightmares

The weather has been so gorgeous here lately that I've been trying to spend as much time as possible outside. Everyone keeps talking about spring cleaning which makes me want to talk about spring cleaning too, since I love conformity. In theory the idea of putting an old t-shirt, turning my music up loud, opening all the windows and cleaning every surface inside of my little home sounds glorious. But the problem is that my home is little- 800 square feet to be exact- and this fun dancing/cleaning dream would only last two hours. Plus, I don't know if I'm really ready to give up two hours of reality t.v. watching just yet. I wonder how much it would cost to hire a maid to clean 800 square feet? I think it's worth looking in to.

I've been reading a lot of home decorating blogs lately and it makes me wish I had 900 square feet instead of 800 so I could really be living the life of luxury. A girl can dream, right?


On a different note- I had a strange dream on Sunday night that, upon telling my friend about it, I think describes my inner-most-fears pretty solidly. I think it might have something to do with the amount of marriage self-help style books I've been reading lately. It appears that the majority of people who know me are concerned about my mental health in these months leading up to the wedding and keep loaning me books about healthy marriages, etc. Anywho, I had this dream that the lady who now has possession of my precious little dog came over to my apartment and refused to take Watson off my hands unless I took her baby. Which I did and JJ was really upset because the baby already had a name and it wasn't John Falls Bennett the THIRD. Since we didn't have anywhere to put the baby, we sold our washer and dryer and put the baby in the utility closet. But, as you know if you've had the honor of being in my apartment, the foundation is lop-sided (or something) and so the double doors that hide the washer and dryer don't latch and just perpetually swing open. This became an issue, in the dream, for hiding the baby during my constant dinner parties. I thought about looking this up on one of those dream de-coder websites but decided the strangeness of this can probably be attributed to too much coffee before bed.

I realize that I've been talking a lot about dogs and babies a lot lately and I apologize. I don't know what's wrong with me! Hopefully when the sun starts becoming a more permanent part of my spring days the Vitamin D will help cure me of these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment