Monday, October 4, 2010

Now I can finally sleep

While my under-eye circles are a few shades darker and my apartment/office are much less organized, this weekend's event was a success. Nearly 300 people from across the state visited the campus of our children's charity to celebrate the fresh start these girls have been given in life.


This was the first event I put on by myself and I was quite pleased. It was far from glamorous but was completely about the children.
 
10 of our girls got to play waitress during the event. It was a great way for them to get to show off their home here and get to know the donors who are making all of their services possible.

And we had a past resident of our program come back to sing a song she had written about persevering though child abuse to become a strong woman.

Their wishes for the future are so simple: to be loved.

Ah, my job is so rewarding. Maybe now I can finally sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment