Sunday, October 10, 2010

Flu-induced DIY project

It's been almost a week and I think I am FINALLY starting to shake this flu off. Unfortunately my sweet husband now has it so it is still quarantine central here at our apartment.

The doctor told me to stay away from people for at least three days since my high temperature meant I was very contagious (sorry, husband!). After watching all the dvds we own that sounded remotely interesting (about three) I moved on to this project.....

This is an antique iron foot stool given to us by JJ's uncle. The needlepoint fabric was not in very good shape so I decided I would try to recover it. I have zero experience with upholstery or anything crafty but I was delusionally ambitious from all of the flu medicine.

Once I pulled all the current fabric off I was surprised to find that the original batting was made out of straw. Rotting straw, actually, since the stool was so old.

I am amazed at how it turned out!

I ran out of upholstery staples towards the end so JJ finished it with a normal stapler. Dream Team.


  1. Looks great! Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a pretty great giveaway on the blog I hope you'll stop by to enter! :) Talk soon, Artie :)