Sunday, October 31, 2010

Home sweet future home

I had a very productive weekend scoping out our future home. With my mother as my partner-in-crime, we toured 13 apartments in 24 hours. I video taped everything with JJ's flipvideo and made detailed notes to share with the Mr. last night when I got home.

While all of the units had its own benefits and weaknesses, I think we've narrowed it down to two. I wish I had better pictures to share, but I can't figure out how to freeze-frame the flip video.

Choice 1:
1100 square feet, 2 bedrooms+small bonus room, 2 bathrooms, 8th floor of a downtown high-rise with amazing city views, updated kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, three closets, washer and dryer, includes 2 uncovered reserved parking spots.


Choice 2:
1100 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large closets and lots of storage, wonderful neighborhood where you can walk to all amenities, brand new unit with no previous occupants, big jacuzzi tub, washer and dryer, includes one covered parking spot.




Choice one is $200 less per month than Choice 2 and includes parking for both of us. Choice 2 is in a better neighborhood than Choice 1 and has more storage space. Choice 1 has to pay monthly HOA fees and is run by a Board of Directors. Both options are less than 5 minutes from JJ's office.


I'm having trouble deciding.



And to "treat" myself for all of my hard work, I bought this precious candle I'd been wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment