Here are five tidbits with my week that I feel like sharing with you:
1. It's really hard to get license plates in a new state! I mean REALLY HARD. There is a long list of things I have to do before they'll even let me stand in line for lisense plates. The one I am currently stuck on involves proof of property tax. Problem: I don't own any property the state cares about taxing.
2. JJ and I have gotten really good at negotiating deals for small imperfections. In addition to scoring a $100 store credit after our new dresser showed up with a big nic on the corner, we've now talked our way into 10% off our new mattress because of a stain. Maybe now I can afford to get my roots done!
3. Yesterday JJ bought me flowers for no reason. This has NEVER happened before. I'm hoping this is the start of the list of goals I set for us.
4. Last night, while I lay on our new mattress (bare because I don't want to go to the trouble of washing and putting on sheets), I watched JJ play with his new stud finder. I want to thank everyone who gave us wedding gifts for the entertainment we'll have for the next year. We'll probably never leave the house now that we have things like stud finders and blenders to play with!
5. We had more than one runaway child at work this week and my heart has been so heavy. I am grateful for the childhood that I had and for never feeling like I had to run away from my problems.