Friday, March 25, 2011

Crocodile Dentist

I'm having some issues with my choppers {as in my teeth}. I've never had a cavity in my life but I had to have a filling last weekend because I apparently brush my teeth with too much passion. I have been in intense pain all week so my dentist fit me in for an emergency visit this morning before work. He injected some numbing medicine into my gums and sent me merrily on my way.

Except I wasn't merry. I was on the verge of ripping all of my teeth from my mouth in an effort to make the pain stop. Thankfully, he called in some pain killers before I had time to figure out how to do carry out this mission. I'm pretty sure my husband would be embarrassed of me if I didn't have any teeth. I also feel like I wouldn't  be a very effective youth drug counselor.

Now, laying in bed in a vicodin haze, I keep thinking back to a game my sister and I used to play when we were little called "crocodile dentist." You had to push all of the crocodile's teeth down before he took a bite out of your finger. My dentist better fix my tooth ASAP or I'll show him my mad crocodile dentist skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment