Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm a new woman in 2010

I am trying to be a new, better me in 2010. A healthier, more productive, positive attitude ME.

Statistics show that somewhere in the vicinity of 97% of New Year's resolutions won't be kept. I'm not fooling myself to believe that I will actually be in the 3% of goal-oriented people who keep their resolutions- I just want to do better than JJ.

I bought Jillian Michael's workout DVD- and if she can help the 400 pound contestants on the biggest loser get in shape, surely she can help me out a little too. If I I have even the smallest sliver of motivation at night when I set my alarm for the morning, I have no choice but to workout. Once Watson hears the alarm go off he is wide awake and he is very ready for me to start my day as well. A few jumping jacks and push-ups (the modified kind, of course!) are completed before I crawl back under the covers for 7 minutes before Kaci's alarm wakes me back up. I feel like if I keep this up I will undoubtedly be in the 97% I'm aiming for.

I'm also trying to eat better- which mostly means cutting down on the amount of peanut M&Ms I consume a day and not eating more than one dinner. I have a cookbook called "The Two of Us" that I had been making dinners out of. My goal would always be to divide it in half and save the "second portion" for the following day's dinner but I would always end up eating both portions by the time the night was over. This is a behavior that started when I lived in London and we would eat like 6 courses of dinner because everything was so yummy and we had zero self-control.

If only I could convince Jillian Michaels to come live with me. She scares me through the tv so I can only imagine how terrifying she is in real person.

No comments:

Post a Comment