Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chill-Out, Be Amazing


I am far from perfect. I am a serious worry-er. I worry about being a good wife/sister/friend/daughter. I worry about excelling at my job, while still making a difference in some children's lives. I worry that I don't have any hobbies anymore that don't involve reality tv. I worry that I miss out on life by being obsessive about the house being clean and everything in its place. I worry that I care too much about what other people think of me.

I worry about things that don't matter too. Like, really really don't matter. We live in an anxiety culture but I've turned worrying from a habit to a lifestyle. Earlier this year I made the vow to say yes to fun. I would now like to amend that resolution to add a "chill-out component."

I heard somewhere {or I made it up} that having a positive outlook can add as much as 7.5 years to your life. Think how much I could worry about with seven extra years of life! Crap, I've already failed...

No comments:

Post a Comment