Monday, July 26, 2010

Popularity Complaint

One of my dear friends got married over the weekend and it was just about as perfect as it could have been. There were only about 50 people at the ceremony, where she wore her mother's dress and walked back down the isle to her bridal party playing live folk music with banjos and tambourines. Her reception was held at a community arts center and guests were asked to bring cookies to share in lieu of a cake. Weddings come in all shapes and sizes. This was the PERFECT shape/size for my beautiful friend!
For some reason all of my photos are terrible quality. I apologize.

Within minutes of arriving at the reception, JJ had become best friends with a third of the people there. This is what he does in social gatherings, form immediate bonds with all the cool kids and leaves me to fend for myself. I should be glad that I don't ever have to worry about whether or not he'll have someone to talk to when we go places but sometimes I just want to be the popular one!

I bought some complaint sticky notes that I've been enjoying sticking to JJ's laptop and other places that he gives a lot of attention to. I think tonight I might write one that says "stop making so many friends...."

No comments:

Post a Comment