Sunday, November 6, 2011

Perspective


My husband has been traveling for the past 3 weeks crunching numbers and doing other things that accountants do. Sometimes I'm ok being alone {mostly since I work full time and go to graduate school full time so I don't have any time to be lonely} but sometimes it is really hard. Last night was one of those nights. I laid in bed thinking it was too quiet. His side of the bed felt too cold. It is hard to sleep on those nights.

Being the wife of someone who travels constantly for their job is hard. You get into patterns at home to accustom yourself to being alone, and then you have to integrate your spouse into the routines when they come home. I shouldn't complain since I have a dear friend who has already had her husband deployed two times overseas in the one year they have been married. She has to worry about his safety. I respect her so much, and anytime I begin to feel sorry for myself about this season of our lives, I think of her and it puts me into perspective.

I spent a lot of time yesterday taking virtual tours of houses for sale on the internet. I even drove by one to assess the neighborhood and it was coincidentally having an open house so I got to give myself a real-life tour as well. But my "perspective" is telling me that I need to be comfortable with the right now instead of lusting over the next phase of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment