Thursday, June 23, 2011

Elle Decor in my hood

I've had a subscription to Elle Decor magazine for years but I must have somehow missed the issue where they sing Kansas City's praises


"You can’t anticipate Kansas City’s charms by looking at a map. It has all the elements that create a rich urban experience, coupled with a gracious, small-town intimacy that ensures an easy stay—for a weekend or a lifetime." -Elle Decor
It was really fun to read through their picks of favorite restaurants, hotels and shops. On their short list of best hotels was The Raphael Hotel where JJ and I stayed on our wedding night. 
There are some amazing pictures of this city, where I'm starting to feel more and more at home every day. 
You can see my apartment building in the skyline of this last picture. I tried to figure out a way to describe in words which one it is but I was unsuccessful so you'll just have to pretend I'm waving at you from one of the smaller brick buildings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment