Wednesday, April 6, 2011

an unplanned trip

We're headed to Memphis tonight for an unexpected visit. One of the neatest men I've had the pleasure of knowing was suddenly taken from us and we've dropped everything to go be with family.

There are some things that pre-marriage counseling just doesn't train you for. How to comfort your husband when he loses his grandfather is one of them. It's times like these I wish I had more of my sister's nurturing skills and less of my own sarcastic wit.

This past week and a half has been a whirlwind of extreme busyness at work, preparing to host a wedding shower this weekend, helping my accountant husband through tax season and numerous other projects and obligations. This death has really brought to my attention how much I take for granted that the people I love will be there when I finally make time for them. It really is too bad that it takes a tragedy for me to realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment