Monday, April 11, 2011

Back to reality

We were back to work (back to reality?) today and I felt overwhelmed by the number of emails, voicemails, and stacks of papers that had piled up. During the last four days I have spent 25 hours in the car. Typically I'm not cool enough to know all of the current music on the radio but now I feel like I could probably karaoke the Billboard top 25 chart.


I had the pleasure of hosting a wedding shower for a long-time friend on Saturday. My mother and I had a lot of fun planning and decorating for the event, with lots of inspiration from a recent shower for Maggie's sister. 
We hung kitchen gadgets from a ficus branch in the center of the table. The guests wrote wishes and advice to the bride and hung them on the tree. 
 All of the guests got to chose a cupcake to take home with them. 
The bride and I

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE LANTERNS! The party looks so cute! You and your mom did great! Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! Thank you, Elise, the shower was great! :)

    ReplyDelete