Friday, February 3, 2012

Perspective

I've been interviewing for practicum placement sites over the past few weeks. It has been really anxiety provoking for me on a variety of different accounts. The clients I'll be seeing will ultimately be the demographic of people that I will be most experienced in when I graduate. The supervisor at my practicum site will be mentoring me in their style- how do I know what style I want to be mentored in?

And most importantly: how in the world am I going to balance my full time job while taking classes and carrying a full caseload of therapy clients. Oy. I am feeling really overwhelmed today at the life decisions I'm having to make in the coming weeks.

Last night when I was day-dreaming about a simpler time in my life I came across this video on my computer and it put many things in perspective for me.
Sometimes we don't have to be trained to make a difference in someone's life. This stress is probably not warranted!

No comments:

Post a Comment